When it comes to bathroom remodeling, walk-in showers are becoming an extremely popular bathroom design option. With a large shower area that’s easy to enter and a look that’s modern and attractive, it’s easy to see why homeowners find them so appealing! The way you handle your bathtub to shower conversion will depend largely on your lifestyle, as some people will value the accessibility of a walk in shower while others will need to keep their bathtub. When you’re looking for bathroom remodel ideas, consider these gorgeous options.
- If you have the space, keeping your tub and adding a shower can turn your bathroom into a spa. A beautiful soaker tub and a standalone walk-in shower creates a bathroom that’s the best of both worlds, relaxing and inviting. Should you decide to sell the home, this will be attractive to buyers in many different stages of life.
- For existing shower/tub combinations that are just outdated, many homeowners choose bath fitters. This is a great way to update the look of your tub and shower quickly, in a relatively cost-effective manner.
- Sometimes a shower is more practical than a tub. If you have a bathtub that’s pretty but not very useful, a walk-in shower with features like a seat, a handheld shower head, and a grab bar can make your home more accessible. For seniors aging in place, this is one of those home design details that can significantly raise the home’s appeal.
- Upgrading from a tub/shower combo to a shower sometimes just makes sense. Especially when space is at a premium, it’s far more luxurious to install a shower with double shower heads, a rain shower, and other upgrades to make showering an experience instead of just a habit. Make it a walk in shower with grab bars and a seat, and you increase the usefulness without detracting from the luxury.
- A shower can make a bathroom seem more spacious. In a small bathroom, a bathtub can also feel like a huge, unwieldy fixture. By removing it and installing a shower with glass doors, you can open up the space and make the room feel much larger.
- Converting to a shower can give the room more personality. Especially if you’ve had a traditional tub/shower combo, you can add your own style to the bathroom by transitioning to a beautiful new shower with beautiful tile work and elegant touches that make it truly yours.
- By eliminating a large tub, you can make room for other features that are a higher priority for you. It could be that a double vanity is of more importance to you than a tub, or you might need more room for storage. Whatever the reason you need more room, you can often get it with a shower to tub conversion.
When you’re looking for bathroom or kitchen remodeling in Arizona, trust the team at Re-Bath & Kitchens®. Having served homeowners in the area since 2010, we’ve got the expertise needed to provide a wide range of bathroom and kitchen remodeling services. Our service is exceptional, and we deliver innovative, high-performance products in our four showrooms in Maricopa County and Northern Arizona. Visit one of our spacious showrooms, call us at 480-359-1778, or contact us through our website for more information.