Kitchen islands may seem more like an accessory when compared to kitchen staples like stoves, ovens, dishwashers, sinks and refrigerators, but a kitchen island can be just as important as a stove or refrigerator. Kitchen islands can be the most dynamic,
versatile feature in any kitchen while doubling as a statement piece that brings all the features in your kitchen together. Here are some benefits of having a kitchen island and why they can be such a worthwhile investment if you are remodeling.
Benefits of a Kitchen Island
• Additional Storage – One of the core features of a kitchen island is additional storage such as shelves, drawers and cabinets. Easy access such as open shelving makes it easy to whip out a mixing bowl to make a last minute meal.
• More Versatility – Large kitchen islands can also be a great spot for entertaining as you prep a delicious meal. Guests can sit in a chair on one side and watch your preparation techniques while sipping a glass of wine, making it a great entertainment, conversation and teaching feature. The 360-degree design also gives you a lot more space to work with, whereas traditional counter spaces limit your range of movement and motion.
• Doubles as an Eating Space – Go from cooking to eating in a simple step by making a dining table out of your kitchen island. Simply add some chairs to one side and you can easily cook, serve and eat your meal in just a few short steps. For better or worse, this makes going back for seconds easy when all you have to do is reach across the counter for your pot, pan or bowl.
• Install More Amenities – Several kitchen island appliance hybrid options are available to choose from, making your kitchen more versatile. Preparation sinks, refrigerator drawers and more that otherwise wouldn’t fit or work as a part of your main countertop can be installed into your island.
• Island Countertops Can Make a Great Centerpiece – Even if you don’t use your island for actual cooking, you can still decorate its countertop by placing amenities, flowers, seasonal decorations or kitchen tools on top. Add a flower vase along with a decorative utensil holder to add some flair while still making use of the space.
Whether you’re using your kitchen island for practical purposes or want it to be the show-stopping centerpiece of your kitchen, there’s a design out there that is specifically catered to you.
Get the Custom Designed Kitchen Island You Want with ReBath & 5 Day Kitchens
At ReBath & 5 Day Kitchens we have the experience and materials necessary to craft, build and remodel or install the kitchen island you’ve always wanted.
Our kitchen remodeling process begins with an in-home design consultation from one of our certified kitchen designers. They will sit down and discuss all your kitchen remodeling dreams, your functional needs and review other details such as cabinet and countertop samples. Our consultant will also take precise measurements and photos and then compose kitchen design ideas that fit your kitchen remodeling ideas.
Our designers will communicate and coordinate with you throughout every step of the process, ensuring your design is executed to your specifications. We’re a trusted, experienced remodeler and look forward to creating the kitchen island of your dreams! Contact us today to schedule an initial consultation.
1 –Benefits of having a great kitchen island