Walk-In Tub Installation in Phoenix, AZ & Maricopa County
Seniors Can Age in Place Gracefully with Re-Bath & Kitchens
As the Baby Boomer population continues to age, concerns about aging in place with dignity have also been on the rise. Many seniors want to remain living independently in their current family home instead of being forced to move into an assisted living facility. Don’t let mobility concerns and the risk of injury in your bathroom hold you back from living your preferred lifestyle. Re-Bath & Kitchens specializes in the installation of walk-in tubs in Phoenix and surrounding areas in Maricopa County and Northern Arizona. If you’d like more information about walk-in bathtubs and how they may be beneficial to you or an aging loved one, please reach out to us via phone or email today. Our team has over 40 years of home remodeling experience and works hard to maintain an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau. We’d welcome the opportunity to help you transform your bathroom to meet your growing safety needs!
Why Is It Important to Make Your Bathroom ADA-Compliant?
At Re-Bath & Kitchens, we help seniors ensure their bathrooms meet the requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. If you’re over the age of 65, making your bathroom ADA-compliant is in your best interest. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) estimates that more senior slip-and-falls causing severe injury to happen inside the bathroom than anywhere else in the house. Ways to make your bathroom more ADA-compliant include all of the following:
- Converting your bathtub or shower area to a walk-in bathtub
- Adding grab bars inside your shower or tub area for added security
- Installing slip-resistant flooring inside your bathtub or shower area
- Adding a shower bench or hand-held showerhead inside your shower
- Ensuring your toilet seat is at a comfortable height for easier access
- Installing levers instead of knobs to create a user-friendly experience
- Widening your bathroom doorway to allow for walkers or wheelchairs
- Adding additional lighting to avoid potential tripping hazards
What Are the Benefits of Converting to a Walk-In Bathtub?
Are you wary about converting your standard shower or bathtub into a walk-in tub? The process may not be as involved as you’re expecting. Re-Bath & Kitchens has certified aging-in-place specialists to make your senior bathroom makeover a breeze. Today’s walk-in bathtub models may be upgraded to include massaging water jets, heating pads, slip-resistant surfaces, and other additional features to offer seniors increased comfort and support. Benefits of converting to a walk-in tub include:
- Safety Features – Most walk-in bathtubs provide textured flooring, handrails, built-in seating, and a curbless entrance to reduce the risk of injury while bathing. You can add an in-line heater to help regulate the water temperature or a deck-mounted showerhead for easier accessibility.
- Pain Relief – Have you ever heard of hydrotherapy? It’s a proven fact that soaking in warm water can be beneficial to your health. By submerging yourself in warm water inside your new walk-in tub, you may find aches and pains from arthritis, fibromyalgia, injuries, and other chronic conditions subsiding more and more each time you soak. Adding a Minute Drain™ button will help your walk-in bathtub drain up to eight times faster, so you won’t have to waste another minute waiting for it to drain once you’re ready to get out!
- Better Hygiene – When you have a chronic condition or mobility issue, it can be challenging finding the strength necessary to stand in a shower or climb in and out of a bathtub. When bathing itself feels more like a chore than an opportunity to relax, it can be difficult finding the stamina to clean those hard-to-reach areas, resulting in irritated or infected patches of skin. Converting to a walk-in tub makes it easier and more enjoyable for many seniors to keep up with their essential hygiene.
- A Lasting Investment – While we know the initial installation cost may be more than what you were expecting, a walk-in tub should be thought of as a lasting investment for your health and safety. Not only can a walk-in bathtub increase your home’s value while reducing your risk of a slip-and-fall causing expensive hospital bills, but it can also significantly improve your quality of life and allow you to remain independent with your dignity intact. We customize all bathroom remodels to fit your unique requirements. Learn more about our process.
Contact Us to Request a Walk-In Tub Installation Quote
Because we understand many of our senior customers are on a tight budget, we strive to keep our bathroom remodeling costs as low as possible. If you’re curious about the price of installing a walk-in tub in your Phoenix-area home, we recommend contacting us directly for a quote. We’ll do our best to work within your budget to make your bathroom fit your evolving safety and comfort needs. Call today!