Bathroom remodeling is rewarding, because it makes your bathroom more livable and increases the value of your home. It’s definitely an investment, though, so it’s important to make sure your bathroom design makes sense and will have a good return on investment. Here, we offer some bathroom remodel ideas that ensure your bathroom renovation will be worth the time and money you put into it.
- Use built-ins to your advantage. Niches and recesses for soap dishes, medicine cabinets, and toilet roll holders can be space savers, because they make the most of the available room in a small bathroom. Whenever you need more space, consider building into the walls. Make sure you have enough storage; a linen closet, for example, is a boon in a bathroom.
- Remember ventilation. By code, have to have ventilation. This could be a bathroom exhaust fan or a window, but be sure to take it into consideration when you’re remodeling. If you decide on a bathroom fan, pay attention to the amount of cubic feet of air it can move and how much noise it makes, because a noisy bathroom fan in a small space can be problematic.
- Consider open shelving. This is trendy in bathrooms right now, because open shelves can be attractive and functional. Use them to store charming containers of bathroom essentials or, better yet, create a home for some trailing plants. Plants are a great addition to a bathroom because they add color, improve air quality, and make your bathroom feel cozier and more spa-like.
- Take time choosing your floor. Wood floors are beautiful, but they’re not a very practical choice for a bathroom. Look for flooring that can stand up to moisture and the punishment it’s likely to endure in a bathroom. Good flooring options for a bathroom include ceramic and porcelain tile, vinyl tile, and luxury vinyl plank.
- Make color work for you in your bathroom. Remember that lighter colors will make a room feel bigger, and dark colors can cause a claustrophobic feel. Beyond that, put personal touches into your bathroom, perhaps using colorful or dramatic tiles to make it unique.
- Be sure to install sufficient lighting. Bathrooms need to be well-lit, but not so well-lit that the light is blinding. Putting in light that can be adjusted, whether through a dimmer switch or by providing more than one light source, is a good idea to accommodate people needing to see themselves clearly as well as someone wanting to relax in the tub. Don’t be afraid to use dramatic lighting, because that can elevate the look of your bathroom.
- More is more when it comes to being able to hang things in a bathroom. Towels, robes, and clothing will need a place to go in a bathroom, and countertop surface area is often at a premium. Hooks are easy to install on the back of the door, on the walls, or even on the side of a cabinet. For a luxurious touch, consider heated towel bars.
- Don’t underestimate the importance of mirrors. They’re not only there for checking makeup; they also serve as important home design elements. Mirrors add light to a room, expanding it visually. In a small bathroom, consider a mirror that spans the whole wall. In a larger bathroom, consider more than one mirror.
When you’re looking for bathroom or kitchen remodeling in Arizona, trust the team at Re-Bath & Kitchens®. Having served homeowners in the area since 2010, we’ve got the expertise needed to provide a wide range of bathroom and kitchen remodeling services. Our service is exceptional, and we deliver innovative, high-performance products in our four showrooms in Maricopa County and Northern Arizona. Visit one of our spacious showrooms, call us at 480-359-1778, or contact us through our website for more information.