Bathroom & Kitchen Remodeling Solutions in Phoenix, AZ
Re-Bath and Kitchens Remodeling Contractors
If your Phoenix, AZ home has recently undergone a bathroom or kitchen remodel, you may be wondering how to clean and maintain your space correctly. Don’t worry! The seasoned professionals at Re-Bath and Kitchens are here to guide you through the process. It’s important to remember that not all cleaning agents are safe for the new products in your bathroom or kitchen remodel. We have tested a plethora of cleaning products to provide customers with a reliable resource of approved cleaners.
Tested for Your Convenience
At Re-Bath and Kitchens, we want to be Phoenix, AZ, residents’ trusted source for all aspects of bathroom or kitchen remodeling. We want to ensure that the products we have installed, and you have paid for, are cleaned and maintained optimally. This will work to preserve your remodel and save you money in the long run. The following household cleaners have been tested and found safe to use on Re-Bath and Kitchens product:
It is crucial to note that the cleaning products listed above with a black asterisk (*) could cause damage to your glass tub and shower enclosures. Products containing vinegar, bleach, abrasive or soft abrasive powders, and liquids can damage the metal frame or scratch the surface of the glass. Products with a red asterisk (*) are not suitable for many of our stone countertops/wall surrounds due to high acidity levels or bleach being the main ingredient. Additionally, we recommend using soft microfiber cloths for cleaning instead of steel, scouring, or Teflon pads that can cause significant damage to your products.
Improper use of the above cleaners or using any cleaning agents not on this list could lead to permanent damage to your Re-Bath and Kitchens product. We want to help steer customers in the right direction when it comes to cleaning and maintenance to avoid any damages that could void any existing warranties.
Bathroom Remodel Cleaning & Maintenance Tips
At Re-Bath and Kitchens, we’re proud to carry the Natural Stone line of wall surrounds by DuraBath™. This stone is harvested from 3,000-year-old rock quarries around the world. Although DuraBath™ Natural Stone is waterproof, it is still a natural stone slab that requires sealing upon installation. There are many different types of sealants available. Basic sealers can require resealing every year, especially in high-traffic areas. StoneWalled™ Sealer, which is our recommended sealer, will last for ten years, and a warranty even backs it against staining.
Additionally, our products are manufactured from the finest, high-gloss, impact-resistant DuraBath™ material. The durable, non-porous surface featured on DuraBath™ products is designed to provide years of use and enjoyment with reasonable care and maintenance. By cleaning your DuraBath™ acrylic products regularly with our approved cleaning agents, you can help them retain their beautiful finish. Properly diluting these products by following manufacturer instructions on the label is super important when cleaning acrylic.
For general bathroom cleaning, Re-Bath and Kitchens recommend only using non-abrasive soap and water. Be sure to rinse after each cleaning thoroughly, and use a sponge, microfiber cloth, or non-scratch pad with any of the tested and approved cleaning products.
Cleaning & Maintenance Tips for Recently-Remodeled Kitchens
When you think of remodeling your kitchen, typically, your countertops are the first to go. Whether your kitchen remodel calls for new granite, quartz, solid surface, or laminate countertops, it may be confusing to know the dos and don’ts of counter cleaning and maintenance. Well, you’re in luck! Re-Bath and Kitchens is here to break it down for you.
Marble, Granite, & Laminate Countertops
- Dos: Use mild soaps or house cleaners diluted with warm water and accompanied by a soft microfiber cloth.
- Don’ts: Avoid abrasive cleaners, acidic cleaners, Windex, ammonia, or bleach. These types of cleaners will break down your countertop’s sealant and cause damage to your stone.
Quartz or Engineered Stone Countertops
- Do’s: Use mild soaps or house cleaners diluted with warm water and non-abrasive glass or surface cleaners accompanied by a soft microfiber cloth.
- Don’ts: Avoid any harsh agents such as alkaline, acidic cleaners, bleach, methylene chloride, and any abrasive cleaning methods.
- Dos: Use a non-abrasive cleaner, oil, or distilled white vinegar and a gentle cloth, making sure to wipe countertops thoroughly after cleaning.
- Don’ts: Use highly acidic products or too much vinegar. White vinegar is acidic and using too much or using it too frequently can degrade the glue that is holding your wooden countertops together. Additionally, do not use polyurethane.
Solid Surface Countertops
- Dos: You can use most soaps, abrasive cleaners, strong detergents, and ammonia-based cleaners.
- Don’ts: Do not use harsh chemicals such as chlorinated solvents, ketones, acids, or methylene chloride, which will cause staining.
A Team You Can Trust
For over 40 years, Re-Bath & Kitchens has been a leading bathroom and kitchen remodeling contractor in Peoria, Prescott Valley, Scottsdale, and Phoenix Metro. We have built a reputation for quality work, timely service, and professional communication. Have additional questions regarding cleaning and maintaining your new bathroom or kitchen remodel? We’d be happy to talk with you! When it comes to our customers, Re-Bath & Kitchens is here to serve! Contact us today to learn more.