Your Guide to Kitchen & Bathroom Remodeling in Phoenix, AZ
Re-Bath & Kitchens Offers Helpful Advice for Homeowners
Re-Bath & Kitchens specializes in kitchen and bathroom remodeling in Phoenix, AZ and surrounding areas, including Peoria, Prescott Valley, and Scottsdale. Remodeling your kitchen and bathroom are among the best ways to improve your home’s resale value. Even if you’re not looking to sell your home any time soon, updating your space can make it feel more inviting and comfortable for your family and guests. Home remodeling can be overwhelming without the right remodeling contractors by your side. You can count on our seasoned team from the project’s start to finish. We have over 40 years of industry experience to provide you with in-depth product knowledge and seamless installations. However, you’ll also want to be involved in the process with your own research and brainstorming. That’s why we’ve assembled this handy homeowner’s guide to remodeling. Let’s get started together!
What Are Good Reasons to Remodel Your Kitchen or Bathroom?
Homeowners on a budget may be asking themselves whether a home remodel is necessary. There doesn’t have to be a valid reason to want to redo your space to make it look and feel more like your dream home. However, if you’re looking for one to justify the remodeling costs, there are some tell-tale signs your Northern Arizona home may need a remodel, including the following:
- Plumbing Issues – Over time, calcium and mineral deposits inside your pipes may cause backed-up drains and flooding. Some bathroom and kitchen remodels are necessary to replace old pipes. While you’re already in there updating the pipes, why not take a little more time to update the cabinets and plumbing fixtures?
- Higher Utility Bills – Older appliances and plumbing fixtures can waste electricity and water, resulting in higher utility bills. Updating these items can help you lower your bills over time, justifying the initial renovation costs.
- Cramped Spaces – Many older, single-family homes were designed with minimum square footage to make them more cost-efficient. Renovating your home allows you to utilize your square footage better or add on space to make your home feel more open and inviting.
- Outdated Designs – If you’re still living with unattractive shag carpeting or linoleum floors that haven’t been updated since the 1970s or ‘80s, you can breathe new life into your home décor by updating the flooring, lighting, and other areas. If you’ve noticed a musty or rotting odor in any of your rooms, it’s definitely time for updated building materials.
- Poor Functionality – Our design consultants can help you brainstorm ways to improve your home’s functionality. During your in-home design consultation, we can identify any issues such as cabinets that don’t open all the way or sinks that have interruptions to their flow and then devise creative solutions to correct these problem areas.
- Mold or Mildew – Mold and mildew in your kitchen or bathroom aren’t just unpleasant. They’re also health hazards that should be removed from your home immediately. It may be time for a renovation to help you prevent future growth to protect your family’s health and well-being.
Even if none of the above reasons apply, there’s nothing that should hold you back from making changes to your home if you’re just ready for a new look and feel. You can start by making minor updates to your kitchen or bathroom, and then go from there. We offer financing options and special promotions to make kitchen and bathroom remodeling more feasible for your family’s budget.
What Are the Benefits of Remodeling Your Kitchen or Bathroom?
No matter the reason why you want them, kitchen and bathroom remodels are beneficial in many ways. Aside from breathing new life into your space, you can also enjoy these other advantages:
- Increased Home Resale Value – Anything you can do to make your home more attractive to prospective buyers is beneficial in the grand scheme of things. Quick ways to add resale value to your home include upgrading your appliances and plumbing fixtures. Much time is spent in the kitchen and bathroom, making improvements to these rooms worthwhile.
- Less Maintenance Required – When you invest in modern building materials, you’ll find they’re built to last longer with less maintenance required. Newer materials have been designed to be resistant to scratches, moisture, and even bacteria and are capable of withstanding heavy traffic and usage. With fewer signs of wear and tear, you won’t have to worry about wiping the countertops or sweeping the floors as often as you did in the past.
- Improved Energy Efficiency – Most homeowners desire an eco-friendlier home. Upgrading to modern appliances and building materials with LED lighting, energy-efficient windows, and low-flow plumbing fixtures can help reduce your carbon footprint while reducing your energy bills.
- Quality Family and Me Time – When you make upgrades in your kitchen, you may notice your family congregating there more often for family meals, board game nights, and more. Upgrades to your bathroom may result in more enjoyable “me” time in a soothing bubble bath with jets or a shower with a rainfall showerhead and built-in music speakers. The sky’s the limit!
What Should Change, and What Should Stay the Same?
Now that you’ve decided to make the investment in a home remodeling project, you’ll need to evaluate the current state of your home. Perhaps there are some aspects of your home’s layout and style that you like. You don’t have to do a complete overhaul to increase your comfort or resale value. We suggest taking it one room at a time. Beginning with your kitchen, maybe new countertops and flooring are what you need to make the space feel more contemporary. Knocking out a wall or updating the lighting could make the room feel bright and airy. Open floor plans make your house appear larger and roomier without adding extra square footage. Do you already have nice quality wood cabinets instead of cheap particleboard cabinets? You likely don’t need to replace those. Adding new hardware or a fresh finish can make your cabinets feel brand-new without breaking the bank. Taking a look at your bathroom, do you need a shower or bathtub replacement, or could the room benefit more from new flooring and counters? Adding a storage-efficient vanity cabinet could help make your bathroom feel less cramped.
How to Choose the Best Remodeling Products for Your Needs
Re-Bath & Kitchens makes the bathroom and kitchen remodeling processes smooth from beginning to end. You may browse our gallery to get ideas for your next project. We also encourage people to stop by one of our three showrooms in Northern Arizona or make arrangements for an in-home design consultation with one of our experienced design consultants. It’s important for you to have a budget in mind before you begin discussing your renovation ideas. Identify which items you’re more willing to splurge on than others and which items you could probably cut back on or not remodel at all. You don’t necessarily have to pick the trendiest or most expensive materials in each remodeling category. We carry a wide variety of high-quality products accommodating budgets of all sizes. Our products and installations also come backed by one of the industry’s strongest warranties, so you can feel confident about whatever products you choose.
Why You Should Choose Re-Bath & Kitchens for Your Project
Most kitchen and bathroom remodeling projects will require professional expertise to ensure everything is installed correctly. Choosing the right remodeling contractor is essential to your safety, peace of mind, and satisfaction with the results. Re-Bath & Kitchens is licensed, bonded, and insured with over 40 years of experience, completing over 1,000 projects annually. We’re the exclusive bathroom remodeling partner of Home Depot and Lowes to give you a better indication of our capabilities. We aim to create kitchens and bathrooms that are just as functional as they are beautiful.
Do You Have Questions About Bathroom and Kitchen Remodeling?
We hope you’ve found this kitchen and bath remodeling guide useful as you think about transforming your home. If you’re curious about bathroom and kitchen remodeling costs in the Phoenix area, they vary according to the materials you choose. Every renovation project is unique, which makes providing an estimate in advance difficult. The timeframe for the completion of the project will vary depending on the complexity. The average kitchen or bathroom remodel takes us about 2-3 weeks to complete.
If you plan to upgrade your plumbing or electrical fixtures, permits may be required, but our team can help you obtain those. You should be able to remain inside your home during the remodeling process, and we’ll keep you well-informed every step of the way. Whether you live in Phoenix, Scottsdale, Peoria, Prescott Valley, or a surrounding community, we urge you to give us a call or stop by one of our showrooms to view one of the largest inventories of kitchen and bathroom remodeling products in Northern Arizona. Check out our frequently asked questions section for more helpful information!