Certified Aging-In-Place Specialists in Phoenix, AZ
Handicap-Accessible Bathrooms by Re-Bath & Kitchens
At Re-Bath & Kitchens, our clients have many reasons for remodeling their bathrooms, with accessibility being a significant factor. If you, like many of our customers, are planning to carry out remodeling that you can benefit from for the rest of your life, you might want to consider an aging-in-place design. Whether you’re interested in hand-held shower heads, shower seats, or ADA-compliant showerheads, our trained professionals offer bathroom design and installation services that can accommodate your changing needs. Our certified aging-in-place specialists in Peoria, Prescott Valley, Scottsdale, and Phoenix, AZ would be happy to sit down with you and make accessibility recommendations.
Senior Bathroom Makeovers Made Easy
Designing a bathroom to meet the needs of senior citizens or those with mobility challenges takes training and experience. Our specialists have demonstrated their skill and knowledge in this area by successfully undergoing rigorous testing to earn industry-leading certifications. You can trust our certified aging-in-place specialists in Phoenix know precisely what you need for your bathroom remodel. The bathtub and shower area of your bathroom is a great place to start:
- Hand-held showerhead - A hand-held showerhead can give you the freedom to shower as you see fit, offering additional safety and comfort over a standard showerhead. The Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) has specific requirements for these showerheads, so the ones that meet their standards are reasonably easy to use.
- Shower bench - Another consideration for people who want bathrooms designed for senior citizens or people with handicaps is a shower bench. Showers are slippery places with soap and hot water everywhere. Staying seated makes showering safer, and it’s useful for grooming, too.
- Low-threshold showers - For people with mobility challenges, we provide low-threshold showers. This means the difference between the floor of the bathroom and that of the shower is very minimal, which reduces the chance of slip-and-falls getting into and out of the shower.
- Walk-in bathtub - There is no straining or struggling to get in or out of a tub when you own a walk-in bathtub. Remodeling your bathroom with a walk-in bathtub has numerous benefits and will help you age in place within your home. And with a water depth of almost two and a half feet, a relaxing and comfortable bath is waiting for you. You can choose from our line of soaker safety baths or add the "water massage" water jets to your new bath. You can even select air jets or a combination of air jets and water jets!
Senior Bathroom Design Specials in Phoenix, AZ
At Re-Bath & Kitchens, our walk-in bathtubs have become a hot commodity. They come with a 10-year manufacturer’s warranty, and many come with a lifetime warranty on their no-leak door lock and sealing system. ReBath & Kitchens’ walk-in bathtubs have many add-on features, including:
- Multiple water or air jet system for hydrotherapy
- In-line heater to regulate the water temperature
- Dual-massage system
- Minute Drain™ button allowing your walk-in bathtub to drain 8x faster
- Deck-mounted showerhead
- Grab bars to prevent slip-and-falls
We are the leading expert in converting old bathtubs to brand-new showers. This safety conversion is popular among seniors who want to stay independent as long as possible. Re-Bath & Kitchens will make sure you have the confidence of knowing you have the safest and most comfortable bath environment possible. Since a shower-to-tub conversion requires reconfiguring plumbing, having it professionally done is highly recommended.
- A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau
- Exclusive Home Depot Bathroom Remodeler
- Exclusive Lowes Bathroom Remodeler
- 40 years of experience in remodeling
- “We promise to do the work we contract for with a high degree of professionalism and with no hidden charges.” Owner, Kurt Kittleson
- LIFETIME WARRANTY
- We can help you find the monetary resources to transform your kitchen or bathroom.
- Powered by 100+ employees who are all background checked, certified and trained by Re-Bath and Kitchens
- We handle everything from design to installation
Aging-In-Place Remodeling Done Right for Arizona Seniors
Before installation of the new tub unit, our installers will measure the external parameter of the area and drain location. Along with assistance from our designers, you will determine whether an apron style or drop-in tub will be best-suited for the space. Or perhaps an entirely new style of bathtub will be best for your accessible bathroom. If modification of piping is necessary, our installers will take care of it. No hassle for you!
Once the shower has been uninstalled from the bathroom, the damage to walls will be more apparent. Don’t panic! We’ve got you covered. Tiles can be the ultimate solution in moisture protection in a bathtub area. Walls can be covered with tile surrounding the tub unit for added beauty and water resistance. Regular drywall is not recommended in bath finishing, as mold caused by extreme moisture will threaten tile and grouting stability. As always, you can see and touch the tile for yourself in one of our bathroom remodel showrooms in Phoenix. Finishing around a tub installation where a shower once stood generally requires tiling or other high-end materials. Consider the space and the existing decor and fixtures in transforming your shower unit to a luxury bath abode.
For more information about shower-to-tub conversions and other safety or accessible bathroom options, give Re-Bath and Kitchens of Phoenix, AZ a call!