For many elderly homeowners, the thought of leaving the comfort and convenience of their home for an assisted living facility isn't a pleasant one. However, limited mobility and balance may turn their bathroom into a hazard. The certified aging-in-place specialists at Re-Bath & Kitchens offer design and remodeling services in Peoria, Prescott Valley, Scottsdale, and Phoenix, AZ. Our friendly and experienced team of professionals has access to high-quality products to make the bathroom more accessible for seniors concerned with mobility and balance so they can continue to enjoy living at home. We have over a decade of experience helping redesign bathrooms of any size with nearly any budget to make it safer. Learn more about an aging-in-place remodel, then speak to our design team to schedule your free in-home consultation.
Trusted Aging-in-Place Remodeling Contractor
The decision to age in place can be difficult for many seniors and their family members. However, choosing Re-Bath & Kitchens as your aging-in-place contractor is easy. Our team has the skills, knowledge, and experience to guide you through this process to ensure your shower or tub is safe for your senior family member. Our handicap-accessible tubs and showers help eliminate the common slip-and-fall accidents that become all too common with seniors living on their own. Discover why elderly homeowners throughout the area choose us for aging-in-place bathroom remodeling:
- Certified Professionals
- Warranty-Back Solutions
- ADA-Compliant Products
- Friendly and Experienced Team
- Available Financing
- A+ Rating With the BBB
- Three Showrooms
- Free Design Consultation
- Licensed and Insured
What Are the Benefits of an Aging-in-Place Remodel?
Adults considering relocating their elderly parent to a nursing home or seniors weighing the options themselves may want to consider the benefits of an aging-in-place bathroom remodel. Aging in place is becoming increasingly popular for numerous reasons. The certified designing and remodeling contractors at Re-Bath & Kitchens can dramatically transform your home's bathroom, making it safer for retirees. However, there are numerous reasons why many seniors throughout Arizona are choosing to age in place, including the following:
- Safety – The most significant benefit of a handicap-accessible bathroom remodel is improved safety. As certified aging-in-place professionals, we can assess your current bathroom and make recommendations to allow better accessibility while eliminating potential hazards.
- Stay Connected – Many seniors have spent years or even decades as a member of the local community. Uprooting yourself from your support system and spending your days with a whole new group of people can be a challenge. Aging in place allows you to continue to be a part of the community you love.
- Improved Comfort – Unfortunately, bathrooms are not traditionally designed to be handicap accessible. The design oversight can make bathrooms feel cramped, uncomfortable, and challenging to navigate. Our team can maximize the space in your existing bathroom and install a new tub to make it more comfortable.
- Affordability – As assisted living facilities and nursing home prices continue to skyrocket, age-in-place has become increasingly popular. Homeowners can make their homes more accessible at a fraction of the cost.
- Independence – For elderly homeowners who have lived independently their entire lives, it may be too difficult to give up that freedom. An aging-in-place remodel allows you to maintain your independence.
Bathroom Remodeling Features for the Elderly
The bathroom is one of the most dangerous areas of the home. Slick, hard surfaces make trips and falls more common and dangerous. For many elderly homeowners, their bathtub or shower presents the biggest challenge. However, our knowledgeable and skilled team of certified remodeling team of experts can improve the comfort and safety of your bathroom. We offer a wide range of convenient options for your aging-in-place bathroom remodel. Our team will take the time to provide you with thoughtful recommendations based on your needs, budget, and space. Our bathtub and shower upgrades include the following:
- Hand-Held Showerhead – A hand-held showerhead provides better comfort and usability than a traditional showerhead. They can be combined with a shower bench to increase safety while showering for those with low mobility.
- Shower Bench – Staying seated makes showering safer for senior citizens and people with handicaps.
- Low-Threshold Showers – Low-threshold showers make it easier for elderly homeowners with mobility issues to enter and exit the shower. The space between the bathroom and shower floor is minimal to reduce chances of slip-and-fall accidents.
- Walk-In Bathtubs – Walk-in bathtubs eliminate the struggles some seniors have of getting into or out of their tubs. With a water depth of almost two and a half feet, a relaxing and comfortable bath is waiting for you. Water jets, air jets, or a combination of both provide therapeutic benefits.
Learn More About Our Accessibility Remodeling Process
Our certified aging-in-place professionals have the skills, knowledge, and resources to help you or your family member continue to live gracefully in the comfort of their home. Our team works collaboratively with you from the design process through to the final installation. We understand you may have lots of questions regarding the safety and effectiveness of our aging-in-place bathroom remodel. Our skilled and experienced team will be there for you every step of the way to ensure you're entirely comfortable with our upgrades. Learn more about how we strive to provide the very best services for each client:
- Planning – The most crucial step for an effective aging-in-place bathroom upgrade is planning. Every elderly client has unique challenges and needs. We take the time to understand those concerns and provide them with the appropriate solutions so they can age in place gracefully.
- Design – We use effective and innovative design tools to help you visualize the look of your new bathroom. Our team has upgraded numerous bathrooms throughout the local community, regardless of the size or layout of the space.
- Installation – Once the design is approved, we begin the installation process for your new handicap-accessible shower or tub. Our contractors work in a timely manner to ensure the upgrade is completed within the project timeline.
- Cleanup – Your bathroom is your personal oasis, and we wouldn't want to do anything to disturb it. We're committed to your total satisfaction. We'll take the time to clean up thoroughly so your new bathroom looks fantastic.
Schedule Your Aging-In-Place Remodel Consultation
An aging-in-place bathtub or shower remodel provides seniors with the dignity and independence they need to continue to live the life they want in the comfort of their own homes. Re-Bath & Kitchens is a certified aging-in-place contractor providing handicap-accessible shower and bathtub replacement in homes throughout the Phoenix Area. Our team can help you understand the benefits of an aging-in-place remodel and answer any questions you may have. Our services have allowed many seniors throughout the community to continue safely living at home, and we're confident we can assist you too. Schedule your free in-home consultation and learn more about our available handicap showers and tubs.
We are the leading expert in converting old bathtubs to brand-new showers. This safety conversion is popular among seniors who want to stay independent as long as possible. Re-Bath & Kitchens will make sure you have the confidence of knowing you have the safest and most comfortable bath environment possible. Since a shower-to-tub conversion requires reconfiguring plumbing, having it professionally done is highly recommended.
- A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau
- Exclusive Home Depot Bathroom Remodeler
- Exclusive Lowes Bathroom Remodeler
- 40 years of experience in remodeling
- “We promise to do the work we contract for with a high degree of professionalism and with no hidden charges.” Owner, Kurt Kittleson
- LIFETIME WARRANTY
- We can help you find the monetary resources to transform your kitchen or bathroom.
- Powered by 100+ employees who are all background checked, certified and trained by Re-Bath and Kitchens
- We handle everything from design to installation
Aging-In-Place Remodeling Done Right for Arizona Seniors
Before installation of the new tub unit, our installers will measure the external parameter of the area and drain location. Along with assistance from our designers, you will determine whether an apron style or drop-in tub will be best-suited for the space. Or perhaps an entirely new style of bathtub will be best for your accessible bathroom. If modification of piping is necessary, our installers will take care of it. No hassle for you!
Once the shower has been uninstalled from the bathroom, the damage to walls will be more apparent. Don’t panic! We’ve got you covered. Tiles can be the ultimate solution in moisture protection in a bathtub area. Walls can be covered with tile surrounding the tub unit for added beauty and water resistance. Regular drywall is not recommended in bath finishing, as mold caused by extreme moisture will threaten tile and grouting stability. As always, you can see and touch the tile for yourself in one of our bathroom remodel showrooms in Phoenix. Finishing around a tub installation where a shower once stood generally requires tiling or other high-end materials. Consider the space and the existing decor and fixtures in transforming your shower unit to a luxury bath abode.
For more information about shower-to-tub conversions and other safety or accessible bathroom options, give Re-Bath and Kitchens of Phoenix, AZ a call!